Thursday, September 6, 2007

Emma's Birthday

Emma turns 5! This year, for the first time, I was grateful that Emma and Becca have birthdays so close to each other. On Becca's birthday, after she opened her presents, huge tears welled up in Emma's eyes - she wanted the same things that Becca had gotten and she wanted them really bad. Lucky for her, she only had to wait until the next day and she got exactly the same things as Becca only different colors or different styles. I thought - wow - I'm glad I don't have to go 6 months listening to "why can't I have a boy barbie?" or "I really, really need some clothes for my barbie." It works out great!

This year Emma wanted a "Boy Polly Pocket" Cake. I'm sure and I really am sure that she was hoping that with this request, she would somehow wind up with a real boy polly pocket to play with - what a smart girl! Jon did his homework and found out ahead of time that "Lauren" was Emma's favorite Polly Pocket - so she got to be the lucky girl.

1 comments:

djones said...

Love the pictures...wish we could be with you! Happy birthday Becca and Emma.