Thursday, October 11, 2007

Random Tidbits

O.k. I just thought I'd keep people posted on random things that are going on at our house. I've been doing that thing again where I fall asleep on my bed at 9:00 p.m. and take a nice little nap till about 12:00 a.m. and then I feel refreshed and I hop downstairs and finish the dishes, finish reading the newspaper, straighten up a little, catch up on cub scouts and now at 1:30 a.m., I am blogging!!! Sounds crazy, but you all should try it. I feel much better now than I did at 9:00.
I just want everyone to know that next Thursday at around 9:00, I will be jumping for joy because the PTA Reflections program will be over and I can focus my time and energy in other needed places. YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
I've had a few things happen lately that have clued me in to the fact that either I'm losing it or I need some professional help - not mentally, but organizationally. One day last week, Amy and I were at the elementary school, having a workshop for Reflections. I sat down and said to Amy, "I keep losing my pens, I can't find them anywhere." She looked at me and just laughed as she pointed out that I had one pen behind each ear. Yikes! Today we had scouts. I didn't even look at my calendar because I knew that it was to be held at my house and not the other leader's house. Well, halfway through scouts, I get a call from the other leader and she's waiting for me since the calendar did say scouts was at her house. A few weeks ago, we had our Pinewood Derby. I remembered literally 5 minutes before that I was responsible for making and bringing all of the certificates that we were going to give out to the boys. It was too late at that point! Tonight, when I was sharing some of these things with Jon, he didn't chuckle and say - oh it's no big deal, you're fine. He looked at me with a really concerned and serious face and said, "Why do you think this is happening?" Then he proceeded to give me some of that "professional organizational" help that I mentioned earlier. He suggested and I think he's right, that I need one place, like a planner, to keep all of my information and calendar and that I need to "learn" how to use it. He mentioned that being organized is a "skill" that can be learned - so there's hope for even people like me who do not have it in our blood. I guess writing things on random pieces of paper and having several calendars floating around the house is not really working for me. So - thanks to Captain Organization - I am motivated to change my ways! Wow -and it's not even New Years!!!
The kids are doing well. They got their flu shots this morning and this is the order I had then receive their shots - for a reason: Carter, Emma, Evan and then Becca. :) Thankfully, Becca did a pretty good job about not freaking Evan out too bad before it was his turn.
Carter is into Pokeman cards. I have to admit, I was hoping that I'd never have a reason to buy a pokeman card. Because of Carter's influence, Becca has told me that she only wants Pokeman cards for Christmas. And, believe it or not, Evan wants Pokeman cards too!
Emma is going to begin speech therapy sometime soon - whenever all of that paperwork gets done. I'm excited for her. Jon said, that although it's cute when she asks for a "bink" of water, it probably won't be cute too much longer! Her kindergarten teacher referred her to the speech therapist at school and she was evaluated and recommended for therapy with her articulation. I think most people understand her o.k. - she just has a few sounds that don't come out right.
Well, it's getting late - I mean early. :) Time to get another nap in before morning!
love ya,
Dawn

1 comments:

Nate and Amy said...

All I can say is that I can relate. I think motherhood makes us all a bit scattered. We still need to make some time to go celebrate the end of Reflections!
Amy