Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yes, we still have a futon!


I had to laugh tonight when Jon's parents were video conferencing with us on the computer and they asked, " Do you guys still have a futon?" The futon is directly across from the computer so it is usually what they see in the background. Yes, we still have a futon, it's just so covered with clean clothes that need to be put away and now they all need to be ironed because they've been heaped together in a huge mess! Guess what we're doing tomorrow? It's a good thing a friend invited us over to play on a big blow up water slide - the kids will need a break from their endless chores!
We just returned Friday night from our 3 weeks of vacation. We had a wonderful time. It was soooo fun to be with family. Everything was relaxing, fun, entertaining, but most of all we just enjoyed being with our family that we miss! I will post some pictures from our vacation later - after I've tackled the post-vacation mess!

4 comments:

Jonna T. said...

Wow, I can't even fathom how many times our couch has looked like that. Unfortunately, we only have the one living room, so it was out their in the open for everyone to see and sit and lay and spread all over the floor. About six months ago, (only took me ten years) I decided the laundry would no longer leave the laundry room without going to it's destination. So, now I refuse to do another load, until I have folded the prior and put it into a basket for Chloe to put away. It seems to be working quite well, our couch though, probably misses all it's sock friends. I, however, do not have five children, one being a new baby, so I can't comprehend the amount of laundry you probably do. I thought mine was bad enough. I truly dislike laundry. If someone could give me one mommy helpful gift, I would have a hard time choosing between laundry and kitchen cleaning!

djones said...

Mom and Dad said...

Good luck with your chores. We loved seeing you and being with you. Let's be sure and video chat again soon! Love you.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Sue said...

That looks like my bed! I have to sleep with the girls these days.

Jon said...

Thanks for cleaning it up...