It's funny because about 2 weeks ago, I was telling the kids that around the age of 3, children start to ask "Why" about everything. We were talking about Kate growing up and that this is something we'd see in the future. Then it just hit us overnight - the "WHY" stage. The kids just think it's so funny - every time she starts with the whys, they just smile and giggle. So, this is an example of what I've heard about 10 times today - all about different things. We dropped Carter off at school and were heading out of the school parking lot and this was our conversation on the way home: Kate - Which way we going? Me - We're going to turn right here. Kate - Why? Me - Because that's the way we get home. Kate - Why? Me - We can't turn the other way, because the road ends. Kate - Why? Me - Because it just does. This lasted most of the way home. It cracks me up. Nothing satisfies an almost 3-year-old. On another note - some of my kids have "tough" genes and some have kind of "wimpy" genes. I've decided that Kate has Ultra Wimpy Genes. She is ALWAYS talking about her Owies and showing me them and in a kind of exhausted, painful voice - telling me that she doesn't like owies and they're someday going to be better. If she bonks her leg or foot, she can't walk for a while because of her owies that are so small I can hardly see them. Hopefully this is just a stage:) I've tried to tell her to rub it all better - but she doesn't fall for that one. Despite the wimpy genes, she still manages to give Evan a good wrestle.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment