Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back to School



Here are some pictures of the kids on the first day of school. It's been almost 2 months now. So far, so good. They are all loving it. Evan really likes first grade. I volunteer each week in his classroom and it's fun to go in there. He is always soooo focused on what he's doing. He's a super helper to his teacher and a great friend in the classroom. Fortunately for his teacher and classmates, he saves all of his temper tantrums and meltdowns for home!
Emma is in fourth grade. She is very responsible and a very hard worker. She will start a book report 30 days before it's due and work on it a little each night until it's done - usually a week or so before the deadline. She tends to be a little OCD about homework, but at least I'm not yanking at her teeth to get things done. She is still a little social butterfly and loves to have friends.
Becca loves middle school. She is doing great in school. She started band this year and is playing the baritone. She is really enjoying that. I love that I don't have to nag her to practice. She gets excited each day when she sounds better and better. She'll come in and say, "Did you hear that, mom?"
Carter is in seventh grade. He is growing fast. He has already passed me up in shoe size and is now one inch shorter than me. He is playing the trombone and still loves that. He turned 13 last week - AAAAAHHHHHH - a teenager. Actually, he's gotten out of bed easier since he's turned 13. Lately it's been soooooo hard to wake him up in the morning and he always pulls the "I'M GROWING" card as an excuse. Maybe you're more responsible when you're 13? Anyway, it's always fun and exciting - raising kids when you're kind of learning as you go. Kind of feel bad for the oldest child, although I think I turned out o.k?
Kate and I have had A LOT of fun since the kids have gone back to school. It's been really nice to have just a little one on one time since she so often gets dragged around to whatever the big kids need to do. It's also the most peaceful, quiet time of the day, before the storm breaks loose and the kids walk in the door from school. This picture of Kate was taken one afternoon when we went swimming while the kids were at school and she crashed while I was drying my hair.





0 comments: