We went to Disneyland a few weeks ago and had sooooo much fun. We spent the first day at California Adventure and the next day at Disneyland. It had been about 4 years since we had gone. It was really different this time, now that the kids were older. The older 3 all wanted to go on the big rides and I have to admit - I've always been a pretty big chicken when it comes to roller coasters. Going upside down on a roller coaster - no way!!! But with the kids so excited, I decided to give it a try and Loved it. Evan was even tall enough to come along. He was a little hesitant at times, but had fun. I still ride like a chicken though. I'm a screamer. The whole time. It just feels better to scream. I also open and close my eyes throughout the rides. Each big ride has a camera set up at one point in the ride and they snap a picture and you can look at it when you get off the ride. When we went down splash mountain, I was in the front of the log. In the picture, I was screaming and turning my head so I couldn't see how steep and quickly we were headed to our death. Of course everyone else has pictures of themselves with their hands in the air or some kind of "I'm macho" gesture aimed specifically at the camera. I don't know...maybe with a little more time and experience on roller coasters, I won't have to look away, but I think I'll always be a screamer. BTW - I even went on Screamin' California - the upside down loop.
Emma is funny to watch on the roller coasters too. She had her head down, kind of in her lap, like she passed out. Kate's favorite ride- The Teapots. She giggled and giggled. I also found that if I looked only at the steering wheel on the teapots and not up, I could handle the teapots.
We took the kids out of school just after Spring Break was over. I know, I know...we're one of THOSE parents. It was totally worth it. We went on a Monday and Tuesday, although, I've since been told that Tuesday and Wednesday are the least busiest days to go. It was great. We walked right on to a lot of the rides and never waited more than 15-20 minutes. We're thinking of going again - maybe in two years for those of you who might want to join us.
Here are some pictures from that trip.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
The Happiest Place on Earth
Posted by Dawn at 11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment