After Sunriver, we spent a few days at 1040 SW 33rd Ave, Albany, Oregon 97321. It would be our last time in the house that I moved into when I was 5 years old. I lived there my growing up years, minus 5th grade, when we lived in Olympia, Washington. It was interesting. When my parents were debating moving, I was pretty positive and optimistic at the experiences they might have moving out by Kaysha. I think some of the family was a little more leery. Jon, I think, was feeling a little more sentimental about the whole experience than I was. He seemed to be more attached to the house than me. As we were packing to go, he made sure to bring his journal and camera so he could record some memories. I thought that was a great idea...too bad he had to be the one to think of it first.
I decided that...yes...as I look back on pictures, I will miss being there. However, to me, Home is not just a building you live in, it's a place you gather together with your family, and that can be anywhere. I think that's why I don't feel so attached, because I really do believe that. I look forward to visiting mom and dad at Thanksgiving in their new home and being a part of their new life there.
Here are some last pictures from my old home:
Monday, July 8, 2013
Last Pictures of Home
Posted by Dawn at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment