Monday, December 29, 2014

Carter's Mini Mission

Our stake organizes a week during the Christmas break that the youth who are 16 and up can go and spend a week serving with the full time missionaries. The Mission President assigns the youth to a companionship. We are usually out of town during this time, but because of Jon's surgery, we were in town this year. Carter was assigned to serve in the Carlsbad/Oceanside area. I've thought about him a lot while he's been gone...wondering what he's doing, if he's having a good experience, if his cold is better, etc. Today was his p-day. I was wondering if he'd email me. I wasn't sure if he knew my email. Sure enough he did. Here's what he said:

Hi mom,

I am having a good time in Oceanside. its lots of fun and i am learning a lot of things about sharing the Gospel. i hope you all are doing well and are having a fun Christmas break. i hope you didn't use the vans coupon without me because when i get back i want to do it with you. i don't really want to tell you a lot of things because i want you guys  to wait a few days for me to get home and tell you in person. i have a lot of cool stories to tell when i get back. love you lots 
                              Carter



I'm glad he's having a good experience and can't wait to hear more when he gets home on Wednesday.

0 comments: