There were rumors Tuesday night of an 80 percent chance of snow. I didn't believe it. I looked up the weather forecast. It said the temperature would get down to 35. Becca was so excited. Before bed she said, "it's snowing!" and ran downstairs to look. It wasn't, but she did manage to scrape some ice from the patio table and make a 1" ball. "This counts," she said.
Jon woke up at 3:00 in the morning to take some medicine. He told me to look outside. Everything was white. The palm trees were covered in snow. It was crazy. I had to wake Becca up; I knew she'd be ecstatic. I was right; she was. She ran downstairs, put a coat, boots, and gloves on. She made a snowman, took pictures so her friends would believe her. She was out there about a half hour. She even had to come in a couple of times and get new gloves, since they weren't waterproof ones.
When we woke up around 8, there was still some snow. Some of it had melted. There was enough that the kids wanted to go to the park where there would be more snow to play with. So we bundled up the best we could and played at the park for a few minutes. It was fun to look at all the surrounding hills and see white. It looked so wintery.
Unfortunately, Carter was finishing up his mini-mission in Carlsbad. By the time we drove into town around 2:30 that afternoon, the snow was gone. There was still some up on the hills and mountains and Carter thought that was pretty amazing.
Here are some pictures from our adventure:
Becca and Lauren
1 comments:
Looks like a fun day. (Mom tried to make this comment but her iPad wouldn't allow it and came up in Tagalog!?!?!)
Post a Comment