Saturday, July 2, 2016

Sunriver 2016

Every year at Sunriver we try to find something new to do. Last year (2015) was an unusually warm year so we went to a lake about 30 minutes south of Sunriver and rented jet skis. This year, Kelly suggested we visit Smith Rock, one of Oregon's Seven Wonders. I thought it was beautiful!! There was a pretty rigorous hike that the more physically fit or older children went on with some of the adults. The youngers and elderly (grandma) hiked around the river at the bottom. The rigorous hike was super steep and there were times that Emma and Becca didn't think they would make it, but they did and the views were so rewarding. Towards the end of the hike there is a huge rock that people were climbing the face of...called monkey rock cause it looked like a monkey's head. It looked scary. Here's Becca...getting ready for the big hike. She doesn't know what lies ahead yet. :)








One of our favorite things at Sunriver...the deer. One year, Jon even fed the deer from his hand. Here Evan is trying to get close enough to touch it...he got about a foot away.












MY Favorite pastime at Sunriver...bike riding. I will never tire of a relaxing bike ride with beautiful scenery all around me.














Kick Ball is fun cause everyone can play. I'm worried about Stephen's dressing habits rubbing off on the nephews.









On one of our last days at Sunriver, we rode our bikes to Benham Falls. It was about a 6 mile ride. Kate made it all by herself...yay!!! It is one of my favorite places to go. Loved it.





















FAMILY. TOGETHER FOREVER. I am grateful for my wonderful family. I am especially grateful for my mom and the importance she puts on getting us all together every year. It's really been amazing, actually, that we have all been there every year for the past 15 years or so. This is me...thinking about how much I love my family.



















0 comments: