Kate and a few of her friends...Jadyn, Stella, Taylor and Paige spent about a year being pretty obsessed with the band, One Direction. Paige had a birthday party once for her favorite One Direction singer, Harry Styles and Jon and I were even invited over for some dessert and a few games. There were One Direction sweatshirts and posters and pillowcases to name just a few. And lots and lots and lots of One Direction music played over the google hub. At the time, Kate's favorite band member was Louis Tomlinson. This was during the COVID pandemic and all concerts were being cancelled.
One day Jon and I noticed that Louis was going to be performing in Orem the following year so we thought it would be fun to buy Kate tickets to go and possibly bring her sisters. We bought 4 tickets and didn't tell her about it. Fast forward a year. Jon and I had mentioned the concert a few times, recognizing that it was coming up and that we should probably check when exactly it is.
Then about a week ago, on March 1st, I was in the parking lot of the Rec center at 6:00, picking Kate up from tennis when Becca called and said, "Hey mom...you know that concert you bought tickets to for Kate...do you know when that is cause I overheard some co-workers talking about going to a Louis concert in Orem tonight?" OH BOY! I pulled up my email and searched Louis Tomlinson and sure enough the day before I had received a reminder email about the concert that was going to take place March 1st at 7:30. We rushed home and Kate scrambled to call a few friends. Unfortunately, two of the friends were super excited to go until they realized they would have to show proof of vaccination and they were not vaccinated. Luckily, Paige could go. We called Emma and she decided to come with us.
I don't think I've ever been to a real concert that wasn't a concert in the park or an orchestra concert. I wasn't even thinking about how loud it would be. After we got inside I realized I might go deaf...ha ha. I slipped out to the bathroom and put some toilet paper in my ears. I'm not sure if that really helped but it made me feel better. I think Kate and Paige had fun. Emma and I felt a little more awkward since we were not true Louis Tomlinson fans and didn't have all the words to the songs memorized. We stayed till 10:00 and then decided to head home. Emma was ready to walk to a friends house and we didn't want her to do that alone.
In the end, I felt really grateful for Becca's phone call that saved us.
0 comments:
Post a Comment