Friday, November 25, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

 This was a Jones Thanksgiving for us so our married kids were all here with us. We were happy they got to stay for several days at our house. We spent Thanksgiving day at Grandma and Grandpa Jones' in West Jordan with all the Aunts and Uncles and cousins except Joe's family.

Sam's younger brother, James spent the weekend with us as well. It was fun to get to know him and I felt like he fit right in. One day before Thanksgiving, we drove into Park City and walked around Main Street. My favorite shop was the Book Store. There's something special about browsing around a book store. As much as I enjoy the convenience of reading on my phone, it's not the same as turning the pages of an actual book. I have a thing for cookbooks and Kate bought me one that I eagerly unwrapped Christmas morning.


A few of the kids ran the Midway Turkey Trot early in the morning. I thought about it for a short minute but it was sooo cold in the mornings, so I stayed home and prepared food to take to Thanksgiving. 

Grandma didn't ask any of the grandchildren to bring food to Thanksgiving so I was surprised when Carter showed up to our house Thanksgiving Eve with four pumpkin pies he made from scratch...from actual pumpkins. WOW. He impresses me with his cooking. I love that he likes to try new things. 



Thursday afternoon everyone headed to the park for some flag football.





We went to Heber Valley Artisan Cheese to get a grilled cheese and the kids all wanted their pictures taken together in the store since each one of them has spent some time working there as a teenager.



0 comments: