Saturday, February 9, 2008

All Caught Up!

I did it! My goal was to get all my pictures from Christmas till now posted before Valentines Day - Yeah!!!!
There is very exciting news in our household. Evan is now sippy-cup free. We did it! The first night was tough. We did not let him take a sippy cup of water to bed, as he always does. He sobbed and sobbed hysterically, " I want a sippy cup." I sat by his bed and rubbed his back and his head, and told him over and over, "it's going to be o.k." It kind of reminded me of someone going through withdrawals from drugs. The difference from drugs, of course, was that the next night he was fine. He grabbed a drink from a paper cup in the bathroom sink before bed and hopped in like it was no big deal. The other exciting news is that after four nights in a row of a dry pull-up in the morning, we decided he didn't need his pull-ups anymore. I guess it's kind of hard to stay dry when you take a sippy of water to bed and then get 1 -2 refills and then another refill about 4 or 5 in the morning upon demand. The things we do as parents!
Evan is becoming more and more independent. He finally dresses himself and thinks it's fun to wear at least 3 pairs of underwear at a time.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Yea! So fun to see all your pictures. Thanks for the updates.

djones said...

fun to get the updates...and we loved the pictures!

Megan said...

Wow I love all of the posts!! Thanks! My favorite were the pictures from the beach and the one of Emma asleep on Becca. And tell John I am most impressed by his Lightning McQueen cake(I'm assuming he made it...). That was awesome! Miss you guys!

Nate and Amy said...

Evan is so cute! What a big boy to get over his water-sippy-habit so quickly.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Evan! He is such a sweet boy. I love hanging out with him when he visits. The comparson of his sippy cup to drugs made me laugh...so funny! Emma looks so sweet on Becca. What a good sister. And Jon sick...! That is so sweet! They are good little nurses...see you! I guess I am officialy back today...slowly but surely! (I think I need spell check here with my words!)