A few weeks ago, I had a scout meeting after church. Jon had not been feeling well. When I came home, this is what I saw. Jon was laying on the futon, covered in blankets because he had the chills. The kids all had on their "doctor coats/bathrobes. When I walked in, they ran to the stairs to quietly tell me that dad wasn't feeling well and I needed to be quiet so he could sleep. They told me they were taking care of him. It was very cute. They were getting him drinks of water, taking his temperature, and even reading The Tale of Despereaux to him. How come I don't get the same treatment when I'm sick? :) Maybe the same reason we have a "Dad's Seating Chart" taped to our refrigerator to help minimize the crying and fighting at dinner over whose turn it is to sit by dad. We all love DAD!

Saturday, February 9, 2008
The Infirmary
Posted by Dawn at 11:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had to laugh at the seating chart. We deal with that situation every night...we'll have to steal your chart idea.
When I get sick, can I come to your house?
Post a Comment