We made a trip to the dry pack cannery to finish up our food storage. This was the first time that the kids (except Evan) came with us. It was really fun! They were really helpful too - getting labels, lids, more food, cans, sticking the labels on the cans, etc. In the spirit of spring cleaning and organizing our house before the baby comes, we took all of the food out of our kitchen pantry so that CAPTAIN ORGANIZATION (a.k.a. Jon) could come in and work his magic. I was "watching" as Jon was putting the food back in - I kept telling him that I did NOT think there was any way he was going to fit it all in the way he was doing it all nice and neat in rows. I said, "go ahead and keep trying, but I'm just telling you, it's not going to fit like that." I , of course, have always believed you could fit more food in by just cramming everything together in a jumbled mess. Would you believe he did it? It was amazing. Everything looks beautiful and nice and organized. The only problem is he feels a little too much ownership now with the pantry. He came home today and peeked in the pantry to admire his handiwork and said, "uh oh, the Triskets are out of place and the Ritz crackers don't go over here. :) After all of the kids denied any wrong doing, they all looked over at me - "mom did it."


Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Food Storage
Posted by Dawn at 11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for the updates! Cute pictures. It does not surprise me at all that Captain Organization was able to work his magic in the pantry. You'll have to let us know how long it lasts!
I love the picture of the kids in the pantry! And I can just see Emma and Jon dancing away in the clerks office, how cute!!
You are so organized! That is great! =)
OK, that is a lot of food! So where's the completed product? I want to see the magic!!
Love the pantry photo.
Post a Comment