Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kate Marjorie



Well, it finally happened! I went into labor in the middle of the night. I always wondered what that would be like. Little Kate was born April 26th at 8:53 in the morning. She weighed 8 lb. 7oz. and was 19 3/4" long. She is so cute. When she was born, the nurse said, "she's got lots of hair," and I said, "I don't believe it." We only have bald babies! She was right, though. Little Kate has quite a bit of hair and it's darker than any of our other babies. I think she looks the most like Emma's baby pictures.



The kids were so excited to see their new baby sister, with the exception of Evan. When he heard us say, "it's a girl," he burst into tears and said, "I wanted it to be a brother!" Later he asked us if we were going to keep the baby. When we said yes, he asked us if we were going to keep her FOREVER. Today he seems to have come to terms with the fact that she's a girl. He tells us that she is a boy AND a girl. The kids have loved taking turns holding her.

We feel so blessed to have this new baby in our family. We are going to enjoy every sweet moment with our precious Kate.


7 comments:

family member said...

She's beautiful. You are so blessed to have her in your home. I can't wait to hold her.
Love, Mom

Kristin said...

I am so glad you got that on video. That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! You look amazing by-the-way.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Evan is so cute! He made me cry! =0 They are going to grow up to be the best of friends, I'm sure. The kids are darling with Kate! How exciting! I'm so happy for all of you. She really is a beautiful baby! I am so happy you both are doing well.

Jonna T. said...

Yay! What a cutie! I am so happy for you. I'm sure Evan will love his baby sister. I hope I get to meet her someday! Congratulations!

Sue said...

So, so cute! My kids keep asking when we're going to your house to see baby Kate. Ummmm...

Kristi said...

Congratulations!
She's a doll and I loved the videos!

djones said...

Mom and Dad said...

What a cute baby. Very precious video especially of Evan. We miss you and can't wait to see you.

Love,
Mom and Dad