This is what my tire looked like as I pulled into Costco yesterday. It started about an hour earlier when Evan and I were on our way from Costco (getting gas) to pick up Emma from Kindergarten. I heard a sound like I had run over something, and then there was a loud "thump, thump, thump" sound like something was wrong with my tire. We pulled over twice but I couldn't see anything. So, we made it home and then proceeded to examine the tires. I looked, didn't see anything, I would back up a tich and look again. I found a small screw in the front left tire, but couldn't imagine that was causing the loud thumping noise. Emma then said she heard it coming from the back tire - I looked and there was a huge allen wrench stuck in my tire - about 6 inches of wrench was sticking out. I called my neighbor friend, Amy, and she jumped in her car to follow me over to Costco so I could get the tire fixed and she'd then give me a ride home. About halfway to Costco - which isn't too far, I heard the wrench pop out of the tire, which I knew was bad news. Amy called me at one stoplight and said, "you are going really flat - she could see the car slowly going down." So, I put on my hazards and we kept on going. My only concern was I had no idea how long you could ride on a completely flat tire without ruining your car? Anyway, we made it and needless to say, by the time I got there, patching up the tire was no longer an option. Thank goodness for wonderful friends who will help at the drop of a hat! Thanks Amy.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
My Driving Adventure
Posted by Dawn at 1:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes! I bet that was scary! So, how long can one drive on a completely flat tire? Do you have the answer?
Hurray for Amy! Amy is wonder woman! =) So glad you got it in to the shop safely and that everyone is safe! Crazy!
I can't believe you made it!
Post a Comment