Carter and Becca just finished a week of Tennis Camp. It was every morning for an hour and a half. They really had a lot of fun! It was fun to watch them improve each day.
This is a picture of Carter's newest creation. Yesterday, he was downstairs fixing his own lunch. Afterwards, he was so excited to tell me all about his new creation - It was a ritz cracker with cheese melted on top, then some cooked salmon with a little drizzle of salsa on top. He likes to make then on the top of a plastic cup lid. This reminded me of a few weeks ago when Carter and I were in the kitchen alone and he was talking to me about how we should create our own soups - make up our own recipes. He said we should also "create" our own bread recipes. He was getting really excited about this idea ( I didn't want to burst his bubble, but I tried to explain that I was good at copying other people's recipes, but not so great at "creating my own." He then went on to say that he and I didn't get to go on a lot of dates and that maybe daddy could take the rest of the kids camping or something and he and I could stay home and create recipes like new soups and breads. It was very sweet. I don't think Jon is real keen on the idea of taking all the kids camping by himself, but maybe he'll have to take the kids out one Saturday so Carter and I can "create" something.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Fun times
Posted by Dawn at 12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How cute! I love when my kids get all excited about creative outlets. That cracker sounds yummy. Tell Carter I like to do:
Ritz cracker
cheddar cheese
1 slice Roma tomato
1 slice olive
And Dawn I would LOVE it if you added to my recipe blog. All of your recipes(at least from what I've had the opportunity to sample) are SO yummy...I can see where Carter gets his inspiration. :)
Mom and Dad said:
That's a cute picture of Becca and Carter. The picture of Carter looks like Jon. It's the first time that I (Mom) have seen Jon in Carter. He really looks like Jon in that picture. I would love to have a creative time in the kitchen with Carter. Dawn, that sounded like a really special moment with Carter.
Love, Mom and Dad Jones
Hey, I got my own google account! Isn't Dad sweet. Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment