Friday, December 5, 2008

Scare

Wow - we had quite the scare on Thursday morning! Carter went to take a shower in our bathroom since Becca was showering in the kids' bathroom. Jon was still asleep. Carter bolts out of the bathroom screaming a blood curdling scream - AAAHHHHHHHHHH!! AAAAHHHHHHH!! I could tell he wasn't hurt - it was a scared scream. I was in the loft with the kids. Then he starts yelling, "SNAKE... SNAKE... SNAKE in the bathroom!!!!!!! Then I start yelling, JON - THERE'S a SNAKE in the BATHROOM!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! Jon jumped out of bed, I handed Kate to Becca, after scaring her with my screaming. I didn't even know what to do. I can get spiders or other bugs that can be picked up with a big wad of toilet paper, but how do you get a snake. We asked Carter where the snake was and he was still so upset - he kept saying he didn't know - it was dark. We finally got from him that it was in the part of the bathroom where the toilet was. So, I bravely grabbed a towel - I guess to hit the snake with - maybe knock him out after a few whacks. Jon, meanwhile had gone downstairs to get a brown. I entered the little room with the toilet and looked around, picked up clothes off the floor, peeked in the toilet --- nothing! The only thing on the floor was a colorful papercup with pictures of fish on it. "Carter, are you sure you saw a snake?" He responded, "yes, yes ... I saw it and it moved." Well, after we brought Carter some clothes - since he was stranded under my bed covers - naked - after dashing for safety, he followed us into the bathroom. We all looked around and after Carter calmed down a little, he said, "I think I was a little dillusional... I came in the bathroom and it was dark and I think the cup was on the floor in front of the door and when I opened it, I saw the cup move across the floor and heard a slithering sound. We all laughed about it and I suggested that next time, maybe before he comes screaming ,"SNAKE, SNAKE," maybe he could turn on the light first. :)

4 comments:

djones said...

Wow, what a story. It would make a great childrens' book. Maybe your family could illustrate the story and staple it as a book. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Dad and Grandpa Jones

Jonna T. said...

Ha ha, oh that made me laugh. Ok, so the first part of the story, my eyes were big, my hand was over my mouth, and I was breathing heavy. But, hey once I found out it was a cup, I laughed.....heart is still beating a little. Oh my, I hate snakes. I need to go lie down.

Anonymous said...

What a story! I was in suspence (spell?) the whole time reading it! Scary! So glad it wasn't a snake! =) Glad it all ended in laughs and not scary tears!

Nate and Amy said...

Experiences like these keep us young!! What would you have done if it was a real snake? I shudder to think of it.
Amy