Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Vacation

I LOVE SUMMER! Isn't it great? It was sad to see Deyce and Garrick leave today, but we had a lot of fun with them and are so glad they came. I will post some pictures soon of some of our summer adventures thus far. With only 3 weeks left of summer vacation, we are going to try and make the best of each day and PLAY, PLAY, PLAY (after chores, of course).
Unfortunately, we will not be swimming this week. Evan split his chin open yesterday, while jumping into the pool. It was kind of one of those minor injuries that needed to happen to hopefully teach him a lesson. Not that it needed to happen, but I cannot tell you how many times I told him not to jump so close to the edge or he might get hurt. It wasn't a bad cut. He didn't even cry, infact he kept on swimming and then went to swimming lessons a couple hours later. But that night we did take him to urgent care where they glued it back together and said - no getting the wound wet for a week! So, this week we will do other things to keep cool from the 100 degree weather. Today we went to the Library and got new books!
Carter started swim club and really likes it. Right now he's going through "swim school" where he swims 1/2 hour a day to learn and pass off strokes, kicks and turns. When that's done, he can begin competitive swimming.
Kate is officially a walker. It's wobbly, but it's still walking. She's having lots of fun with her brothers and sisters around and may have to adjust when they all go back to school in a few weeks. Evan will begin afternoon preschool. He's excited.
Becca and Emma have found a new favorite pastime. Listening and singing to 30 second samples of some of their favorite singers on I-tunes. For example, they like to sing the song, "Love Story," by Taylor Swift - which they were first introduced to while riding around in their cousin, Malia's van. Anyway, the funny thing is they only know 30 seconds of the song. So, they put all their heart and soul into that 30 seconds and then they just end abruptly and it's over. As of yesterday, Emma was set on being a Rock Star when she grows up, but for some reason, she has decided that she's not going to go that route. I can't remember why.
Jon has begun working on our planter boxes. They are going to be the most AWESOME planter boxes ever - and I mean that. :) We are really excited to take advantage of the abundant California sun and grown some yummy fruits and veggies.
Well, I plan to post some pictures soon - hopefully before the summer's over!

2 comments:

Deyce said...

We were sad to leave, too. Thanks for a great, relaxing break. We loved spending time with you and Jon and the kids. I was just thinking yesterday that whenever I hear the "Love Story" song, I'm going to think of Emma! I posted a few beach pictures on the blog. I'll send the rest on a disk in the mail. I have Carter's socks to send, too. :)

family member said...

Thanks for the pictures. I wish I was there. I don't even know what the "Love Story" song is so I guess I'll have to look it up. Tell Evan to keep practicing his climbing skills--great videos
Love MOM