The other day I was ironing a skirt of Kate's and it reminded me of my latest laundry blunder. By the way, the skirt is very faded with just a minor amount of blue crayon still showing in a few spots. I'm wondering if any of you have done this. Actually I thought I was the first one, until I googled it to try and figure out if I could undo any of the damage. And apparently I'm not the only one who's made this mistake. I washed a load of laundry. Moved it to the dryer - no problem. When I opened the dryer at the end of the cycle, I gasped, to find EVERYTHING was marked with blue splotches. AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It was a mess. Not only were all of the clothes ruined. The inside of the dryer was all blue. I did find a clue inside the dryer as to the source of the problem - a crayon wrapper. And then I remembered...I had picked a crayon up downstairs and put it in my apron so that I could take it upstairs and put it away when I headed up later. OOPS. I was the one to blame. Well, I can't even remember exactly what I did to try to take the crayon out of the clothes - I soaked them a few times in some combination of oxi clean, vinegar, and soap??? Anyway, needless to say, the clothes that were salvagable, came out pretty faded and worn. Cleaning the dryer out was really hard, and it's still pretty blue inside. At least it wasn't a brand new dryer - hopefully I've learned my lesson! No more picking up after the kids! :)
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! That sounds like a mess.
Love you,
Mom Jones
hmmmm I think I'll follow your example. No more picking up after the kids! :-)
By the way, I love those birthday cakes! That is my new thing.....trying to make cool cakes!
Post a Comment