We picked out our fresh Christmas Tree yesterday. I still can't say that we won't go with artificial someday. I liked my friend, Kristi's comment - maybe keeping an artificial and still going out to pick a little one that the kids can help decorate for another room??? Anyway, it was fun. We went with a Douglass Fir this year. We've been getting Noble Firs for years. I thought the Douglass Fir felt soft and was a nice change. I did the lights for the first time -that is a big job! Jon said they looked good - that's a real compliment coming from Mr. Perfection! :)
We took family pictures Saturday morning. That's always fun - NOT. Actually it'd be a little more fun if the two youngest were a little more cooperative. Kate doesn't want to get out of our arms or smile. Evan is the opposite - rambunctious with a capital R! Jumping all over the place. In the end I think they turned out o.k. I'll post some pics when I get them back from the photographer.
Kate cracked me up the other day. I love the toddler age. They always surprise you with things they pick up. She came in the kitchen and said, "Mom, do me a favor and get me some wipes." How could I say no to that, even though she forgot the please - she said it so cute and sweet and so matter-of-factly.
Last week I picked the kids up from school and we were driving home, when Emma blurted out, "Mom - I know who Santa Claus is." Emma has always been the most inquisitive and curious about these kinds of things and suspicious. The car was full of little kids listening. My mind was racing and I was about to say, "Hey let's talk about that at home," when she finished her sentence, "I think it's Jesus - maybe." This was a serious suggestion. And I thought a pretty good one. I had never thought of that before, but it would make sense - that someone who loves us so much would be the one responsible for bringing Christmas cheer to Children all over the world. In a different way - he does. :)
Sunday, December 5, 2010
And the Winner is..... A Fresh Christmas Tree
Posted by Dawn at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment