Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dominoes

We've been into dominoes lately. Mexican Train Dominoes. We've got a continuous game going on right now. We started with the double zeros and we just finished the double 4's the other night. We'll play till we've made it to double 12's. The box of dominoes just stays in the kitchen and every once in a while we pull it out and play a round. We're keeping score. The winner is the person whose score is the lowest at the end of the game. Interestingly enough Carter won the first 4 rounds. When we played the double 4's a few days ago, we were all curious as to what would happen if I picked his starting tiles from the pile of dominoes instead of him picking. Suprisingly or not suprisingly :) he came in last place! Hmm. Coincidence? We don't know, however, we did tell him to be careful or he'll end up being the "Uncle Jeff" of the family. (inside family joke - actually being an "Uncle Jeff" wouldn't be such a bad thing) What will we do next round - I'm not sure. I'm guessing the kids will insist that I pick Carter's tiles.

1 comments:

Jonna T. said...

LOVE Mexican train....we play it with our friends quite frequently. We like to rent a beach house with some of our friends, and spend a childless weekend there in the fall. Most of one day is spent playing Mexican train!