Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Braces

Well, I went and did something kind of crazy in September - decided to get braces - while I'm still young :) I only have 4 more months left - yeah!!!! I only had a retainer on the top, which, thankfully, I only have to wear at night now. I think the retainer has been my least favorite part - it kind of made my mouth feel closterphobic. It was also hard to talk with it in. I felt like I heard a lot more people saying, "WHAT?" to me, because they didn't quite get what I was saying.

Would I do it again? I don't think so. Maybe I'll feel differently if you ask me in May.
Some people have asked me why I got braces...Just for fun??? I don't really know how I came to that decision. My bottom teeth have always been crooked, but they never bothered me. They didn't show when I smiled. Over the last several years, my dentist or hygenist at times would ask if I had ever thought about braces on my bottom teeth - of course they would remind me that it would be healthier for my teeth to not be so crowded. Those who know me, know I'm all about healthy teeth. :) And of course I thought it would be nice to straighten them up at the same time. So, when Carter was meeting with the orthodontist for his braces, I decided to ask him what it would take to straighten up mine...and here I am. I guess if anything, I'm developing more sympathy for my children and the braces they might have.















The other day I made a delicious sandwich. It was sun dried tomato turkey with pepper jack cheese, spinach, and tomato, on toasted sourdough bread with a delicious bruchetta spread. The picture on the left shows the sandwich all made up and pretty. The picture on the right is what it looked like after I cut it up so I could eat it with my braces. It tastes the same either way, right?








0 comments: