Saturday, March 31, 2012

3-2-1 Blast-off!!


We had a wonderful day today. We spent the morning and afternoon watching General Conference and loved the inspirational talks. I took lots of notes on how I can improve and do better. I had 7 cups, each with a different kind of candy in it. On each cup was written a word, like prayer or scriptures and each time the kids (and Jon) heard the word, they got to pick out one candy from that cup and put it in their own cup. It was fun and the kids really enjoyed it.

In between conference we went to the park and shot off the rocket that Carter and Evan got for Christmas. It was really fun. We took turns trying to catch the rocket as it was coming down. I wasn't so good at that. We also did a little soccer, volleyball and rolling down the grassy hills. It was a beautiful spring day and it felt good to get out and run around.

Usually we make doughnuts during Priesthood session, but tonight I'm the only one home - weird. Carter is at Priesthood with Jon. Becca is at her first real babysitting job. Emma is at a birthday party. Evan and Kate are playing at a friends house. I debated whether or not I should still make doughnuts, but - it's TRADITION! So...yes I am making them and we can have them later tonight and for breakfast the next morning.

0 comments: