Wednesday, February 29, 2012

He Told Me to Do It

Two nights ago I heard some crying and came up stairs to find that Carter had shot Evan in the leg with his air-soft gun. His defense? "Evan told me to do it." Sorry not going to work with this judge. Carter was found guilty and his air-soft guns were taken away for an indefinite time period. Apparently Carter was in his bedroom working on homework and Evan was being a pest. (This I believe - sometimes I think he just wants a buddy to play with and tries so hard to be right there with someone, even if they have a friend over or they're busy doing homework, etc) Anyway, Evan wasn't listening to Carter about leaving him alone, so Carter pulled out the threatening air-soft gun. (rule #1 in our house is never point the gun at any person. rule #2 is never shoot the gun in the house) Carter proceeded to threaten Evan with the gun and Evan said, "Go ahead and shoot me and I'll deflect it with my sword." So....Carter shot him in the knee area (where he knew he wouldn't do too much damage. :) It left a little welt. He'll be o.k. cause he's a tough guy.

Carter pleaded over and over in his defense that Evan told him to do it. But, Carter had broken rule#1, rule#2, and rule#3 which is use your common sense and be responsible.
So....we will be keeping the guns for a while until we feel he understands the rules a little better. Anyone know when that will be??

1 comments:

Stephen Robbins said...

I would argue that Evan assumed the risk. Next time make sure Carter gets him to sign a waiver in case something goes wrong (i.e. the pellet lodges in Evan's eye causing unforseen long-term damage).