We had a wonderful time with the Burgesses over Spring Break. I have to admit... I felt excited, but a little guilty when Kaysha texted me and said they might come down for Spring Break. First, she told me to sit down cause it might come as a bit of a shock. I have been giving her a hard time about going to Utah quite a bit, but never coming down to see us. She would act like it was sooooo far to Southern California, when in reality, we are only about an hour and a half farther than the drive from her house to Utah. I was hoping I hadn't guilted her into coming. I was also feeling pressure to make sure they had a good time.
They ended up driving into LA about 5:00 on a Friday, which is the absolute worst day and time to be in LA. That wasn't a great way to start their So Cal vacation, but luckily, things turned around and it ended up to be really fun.
On Saturday we drove down to Torrey Pines Beach and hiked around the preserves, spent a little time on the beach, and then ended up at a paragliding cafe where you can eat dinner and watch the paragliders jump off the cliffs. Everyone thought that was a lot of fun.



Sunday we went to church. We invite the Burgesses, but they decided to go to Old Town Temecula and shop around a little. Later that afternoon, they took some of the kids down to Point Loma in San Diego to go to some Tide Pools.
On Monday, we went to Universal Studios. It was our first time there. We had a fun time. I thought the studio tour was really interesting. The rides were fun...a little boring for Kate since she's still too scared for most of the rides. We had a fun surprise when we got there. Harry Potter World was supposed to open the next week, but they opened it that day, to test things out. The kids were so excited.

On Tuesday, Kaysha, Dustin and Braden headed to Arizona to spend a few days with Grandpa Couch. They were also able to see some major league baseball while they were there. We did some swimming, jumping at a trampoline park, and playing outside while Ashton and Cody were here. On Thursday, we met them at Joshua Tree National Park on their drive home from Arizona. My kids love exploring. Carter and Evan were in their element and probably could've stayed there a couple of days. Unfortunately, Kate and Cody were not big into hiking, so we did the best we could. It was still a lot of fun. That morning when we woke up, Evan had a fever. I wasn't sure what to do, but he really, really wanted to go and said Joshua Tree was his favorite place. I figured I could medicate him with Tylenol and we'd be o.k. Cody wasn't so keen on the idea. He already didn't want to go hiking and he especially didn't want to be in the car with a "SICK" kid. He's a bit of a germ-a-phone I learned. When we stopped for gas, he tried to escape out the back of the car, but Carter pulled him back in and told him it would be o.k.










Friday morning, the Burgesses headed home. We had a great time with them. They were great guests, good people, and nice company!
0 comments:
Post a Comment