Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Philippines

Jon and I were able to visit his parents while they were serving in the Manilla, Philippines temple. They had a break for a couple of weeks so they got to take us around the island and show us around. We went with Justin and Sue. I thought it was a wonderful trip. It was fascinating to drive around and just look at the way people live..it is so different from the USA. The people were very friendly. It was also amazing how well they speak English. One of my favorite parts was attending church on Sunday. I love how the gospel is the same no matter where you are in the world. It was fun listening to the Sacrament speakers go back and forth between Tagalog and English.
Here are a few pictures:






 
!
This is the waterfall we floated through. It was beautiful and very wet!



Some things I just wasn't interested in trying...like dried fish.


Jon doing what he loves most....snorkeling!

 This was one of my favorite desserts. It was shaved ice with these interesting and yummy toppings.






Here I am trying a hard boiled duck egg. It was o.k., but I didn't like the flavor as much as a chicken egg and it was creamier...kinda weird.

0 comments: