Sunday, August 12, 2007

I AM ALIVE!

I really am alive - I have not dropped off the face of the earth. School starts tomorrow and I feel like we can finally get our lives in order again. We had a wonderful summer!!! However, the last 3- 4 weeks have been jam packed with vacations and preparing for Youth Conference and then preparing to write a talk that I feel like I have so much to do I don't even know where to begin. Actually, I do know where I will begin. Tuesday, Costco is delievering our first bedroom set - yipee!! I am so excited for the storage space in the chest of drawers and dresser and two night stands to keep our personal stuff in. Thanks to our kind friend, Amy, Jon has been using a tray to stack (and I mean stack) his stuff on and under and around. I have been using a broken basket that has been stepped on one too many times. So, I will begin by clearing out our bedroom of all the junk so the delivery guys can set up the furniture - yeah!! I think after that's all cleaned up - which is going to take some serious time to clean out our closets, I will get some kind of scraper and see if I can scrape all of the dust and dirt off my blinds. My goal, is to get caught up and then stay caught up:)
The other night Carter wanted me to tell he and Evan some stories while they were laying in bed. So, I laid down and started to tell stories about when Carter was 2 years old. Eventually we got on the subject of birthday cakes and then on to another subject. Evan sat up and said, "Let's talk about birthday cakes some more." So we did. Then we'd get to another subject and then Evan would sit up and say, "Let's talk about birthday cakes again." He has been talking about his lightning McQueen Birthday ever since he turned two. I think the next few weeks might be a little painful for him - to watch Becca's birthday, Emma's birthday, My birthday, Jon's birthday, Carter's birthday and then finally HIS. We've tried to explain this to him, but he's in denial that his birthday is last. Well, I better sign off. School starts tomorrow and the kids are super excited!
Love, Dawn

1 comments:

Nate and Amy said...

Dawn, I don't think you posted enough! Just kidding, I just finished reading your latest blogs and they are so fun! It must have taken you hours to do! You do such a good job keeping up with everything!
Amy