Monday, December 10, 2007

How to dress like a Rock Star

Becca was upset Friday night at dinner because she was invited to a Rock Star Birthday Party and she said her friend, Abbey, told her they were supposed to come dressed as a Rock Star. So, she said, "what am I supposed to wear?" I responded that it didn't really matter - she could wear whatever - I'm sure you don't HAVE to come dressed as a Rock Star, I told her. "Yes I do." She said. "What does a Rock Star wear?" she said again. This conversation went on for a while and I really didn't know how to help her. I knew a friend also going to the party so to finally console Becca, I said, "Do you want me to call Kimberly's mom and find out if you're supposed to dress like a Rock Star and maybe get some ideas on how to do that?" This made her feel much better. So, the next morning I called. When I asked my friend for ideas on how to dress Becca like a Rock Star she said, "you know how Emma likes to dress - have Emma help Becca pick out some clothes." She was referring to some of the crazy things Emma puts together. Like a few days prior when Emma wore some knit, stripped Old Navy pants with a denim skirt over it and a green shirt - I told Emma I had to think about it before I let her go to school like that - but she did and she was cute. So not only did Emma help Becca pick out clothes, she pampered her for the next hour - helping her get ready for this party. She had Becca sit down on a stool and put her feet up on a chair while she lotioned her legs and feet, she put some lip gloss on her and glitter on her face and then she brought back her jewelry box from her room and put a bracelet around her ankle and some various non-matching beads around her. It was very cute to watch. So, if you ever need help dressing like a Rock Star ( a modest one), just give Emma a call.

4 comments:

family member said...

You didn't happen to take any pictures did you?

Dawn said...

No, I wish I should have.

Megan said...

Oh! I was wiating for the picture at the end! Still a cute story, even without the visual. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I noticed your blog on Megans! =) That is the cutest story! Love it! Hailey's having a birthday in two weeks...not sure the theme yet...but the girls are invited! I might call Emma for ideas!!!