Well, I was feeling overwhelmed by how far behind I was in blogging. So, here is my catchin' up post for the past few months. Sorry it's so long. I don't know why I kid myself that I am going to try and post something every day or every week. It's a nice idea, but it's just that - an idea.
Kate at 5 months! I cannot believe how quickly she's growing. She is sooooo much fun. She is truly my angel baby - it is a blessing she came last. She still sleeps from 6 pm - 6:30 a.m. - yeah!! She is having fun learning to roll and reach for toys. I see Evan watching her and wondering if she is ready to wrestle yet. People often tell me that she looks like Jon. On Sunday, I was substituting in Primary and I had her with me. One of the teachers that was sitting behind me came up afterwards and said, "Jon sure looks cute in a dress."
This is a picture of Carter and his best friend, Taylor, both receiving an Academic Award from their teacher a few weeks ago. I was proud of Carter. He is very responsible and self-motivated. He comes home from school and goes right to his homework. Now that I think about it, maybe he wants to get it done quickly in hopes that he can watch a show afterwards? ? Fourth grade is tough. Jon and I were actually getting kind of worried because he was coming home with some grades that were not so great. A lot of it was silly mistakes - forgetting to carry a number or not finishing the problem, etc. We are reminding him to slow down and take his time - go back and check your work when you're finished. Anyway, the thing that pleased me the most was when his teacher was giving him his award, she said that besides being a great student, he was an all around nice guy!
Becca on her Baptism day! It was such a special day - the baptism was beautiful, the spirit was strong, and the love of family and friends was felt. I am so grateful for the gospel - for the blessings of eternal families! I'm thankful for Becca and her sweet spirit and desire to do what's right.




Is it wrong to feed your 4 month old flowers? Kate sure seemed to enjoy these flowers!
This was Emma's year to have a "friend" birthday party. She had an "un-slumber party." It was a lot of fun. The girls all came in their pj's. We made soap, ate pizza, decorated cupcakes and watched a Barbie Movie. It was a fun night!
Becca on her 8th Birthday. This year she chose a Butterfly cake - Jon was excited because a butterfly cake was much easier than ... a Hannah Montana cake.
First Day of School! Carter 's in 4th, Becca's in 3rd, and Emma's in 1st. They LOVE School! I am so glad. It's funny when I pick them up from school - they all explode at the same time with all the exciting things they want to tell me that happened that day. I hope they always love school. Evan and I have been having a really fun time at home with Kate. We are spending some time doing some fun preschool activities and crafts. He is such a ball of energy - he makes me laugh. Every once in a while, though, Kate and I feel a little overwhelmed by Evan's lack of respect for others' personal space. It's on these days that I think to myself, it will be really nice for us all when Evan goes to preschool next year:)
Last week, we were making cookies and Evan said to me,
"mom, everybody has armpits, right?"
"Yep," I said back, "everybody has armpits."
Evan continued, "Even bad guys have armpits."
"Yep," I said, "even bad guys have armpits."
Evan finished, "Jesus loves the bad guys."
I love this picture because it was taken just minutes before Evan had an unfortunate accident. He was playing by this toy train and all of a sudden we hear a lady running over saying, "Watch out for the..." and right before she said Mudpuddle, Evan had slipped and was totally muddy. We were planning on spending a few more hours at the park. I didn't think I had any extra clothes and then I remembered that in our luggage carrier on top of the car, I had a HUGE bag of hand-me-down clothes from my sister, Kaysha. Thanks Kaysha - you saved the day!
The kids had fun playing with their cousins at Grandma's house. This was our "Fancy Nancy" party. The kids made crowns and ate lunch with their pinky's pointed up in the air.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Catchin' Up
Posted by Dawn at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That was fun to catch up with you and your family! Love the pictures and the video. The video made us laugh. Have a great day.
Love,
Mom and Dad
Man...we sure miss you guys!
Thanks for the updates. I love all of the pictures!
The pictures and updates were fun to see and read. Your kids are sure growing! Congrats to Carter for his award and Becca on her baptism (wish we could have been there). Love y'all!
I didn't notice the similarities between Jon and Kate at first--until I noticed the chubby cheeks.
Good to see you guys are doing well. We are looking forward to our California and Disneyland trip when I get home. It will be fun to hang out like the good old days.
Post a Comment