Every year when I'm buying the multiple bags of candy we need for our ward Trunk-or-Treat and Halloween night, I always buy a bag of Almond Joys. I realize that most children probably hate Almond Joy's - but it's the only time of the year when it seems o.k. to buy a big bag of one of my favorite candy bars. So, I buy the bag and of course open it a few weeks before Halloween and take a few here and there. I also leave it as the last bag of candy to give away, just in case we end up with extra candy - yeah, it will be Almond Joys!
Well, this year, I thought I'd be good and just buy candy I wasn't interested in - like dum dums, tootsie rolls, laughy taffy's, etc. It was working great - the night of the ward Trunk-or-Treat came and I had not been sneaking candy and I wasn't even interested in any of the candy - yeah! When the night was over, we realized we probably didn't have enough candy for Halloween night. So, on Tuesday, with only 3 days to go till Halloween, I made a trip to Target and bought 4 bags of some of my favorite chocolate bars - Hershey's with almonds, Mint 3 Musketeers (just wanted to try this new flavor), Reeses Peanut butter Crisps, and Kit Kats. Needless to say, I opened the bags to sample a few. So much for my ploy to be good this year. Between my sampling and Jon's sampling, I may have to go to the store again!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Halloween Candy
Posted by Dawn at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ditto!
Wow...I wish I was knocking on your front door. The treats sound great. Wouldn't it be a shame if NO ONE came this year and you'd have to systematically go through the candy over the next few weeks. Have a great Halloween. I just heard the first doorbell...I guess the treaters have started to arrive.
Love,
Dad
That was very well written. I can relate.
Love, Mom
Let's hear it for Almond Joys!! I bought some this year too. I thought I turned the garage light on but I guess I turned it off. Maybe that's why only 2 sets of kids came+ the Burgess boys. Darn, I guess that means I get to keep my bag of Almond Joys.
Happy Halloween.
Why do I always come up as "Family Member"? I feel I have no identity. If someone is in the know would you please let me know how I can have a real identity.
Love, MOM
Mmmm, almond joys.......
Post a Comment