We had a wonderful stake conference today. I love our Stake President. He is so sensitive to the spirit, so filled with love for not only the members of our Stake, but all the people in our community as well. I felt just as I did last week while listening to General Conference - so grateful to be led by men of God. I remember sitting in our Stake Center as a kid, watching conference, and thinking, "this is sooo boring." Unfortunately, some of those same feelings were expressed last week by some of my children. Now, however, I can hardly wait 6 months for the next Conference. It is such a blessing to be led by Prophets and Apostles who know what the Lord wants us to hear.
Stake Conference is a little different now with Jon's new calling as the Stake Clerk. There are some pluses and minuses. It's no longer "YEAH! A Sunday with no meetings!" Now, it's a Sunday with the possibility of lots of meetings or setting people apart for stake callings. The plus side is - Jon called me on my way to church (as we were scrambling to get there early enough so we wouldn't have to park far away and hike in) to tell me that I had a reserved parking spot and a reserved side bench in the chapel! This was nice. It actually turned out to be probably one of the best Stake Conferences I've attended in a while. I think it's just easier for the kids to be reverent in the chapel - there's just a spirit of reverence there. When you sit in those side rooms with the t.v's and your friends are nearby and everyone is reading or coloring or talking or playing with toys, it's just hard to get anything out of the meeting. It was a good day. Kids were tired out and in bed before 8:00! That's always a good thing!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Stake Conference
Posted by Dawn at 8:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't you wish you had access to your old parking spot? Actually I think part of the agreement when we sold the house was that twice a year you and the Bullocks could park in the driveway.
I agree with you. For as long as I can remember, we have tried to get in the chapel for stake conference. Also I like sitting in the middle of the chapel on regular Sundays. I love you.
Love, Mom Jones
Post a Comment