Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kate - doing the Emma Thing

For those of you who knew Emma when she was 2 and 3, does this look familiar? This day was a first for Kate. I found her pulling all of the clothes out of her dresser. She didn't want to wear the shirt I picked out - she wanted to wear the red short sleeved shirt with the purple jacked over the top. And to top off the outfit - a pair of pajama bottoms over the arms and a swim dipper on top!
I think the pajama bottoms over the arms shows she's a novice at this, but she's young and I'm sure she'll get the hang of this dressing herself thing. If she could just rub a little bit of the independent spirit off onto Evan who "CAN'T get dressed by himself because it's TOO HARD!!!
He can't dress himself, but he can ride a bike without training wheels now. We took them off this past week and he just got on and rode. He thinks it's pretty fun. He really wanted to show Jon how he could ride his bike on Saturday and it rained all day Saturday - what's up with that. It keeps raining on Saturdays - how are we supposed to get any outside projects done or play when it rains??? ha ha - I've actually really enjoyed the rain this winter - it's refreshing and much needed.

2 comments:

family member said...

According to the weather man, this year as the storms reach the mainland they head south to California. Yea for us and not so good for you. The problem for us is that we don't have much snow in the mountains.
Great pictures of the kids. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.
Love you all,
Mom

Jennifer said...

Hi Dawn, Just stopped by your blog and saw the new pics! CUTE!! In the picture below Carter looks so much like you! Hope you guys are doing good!