Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vacation Over

Okay. I've taken 3 months off of blogging. It's time to blog again. I miss it. For me, it's a way to capture memories and moments that I don't want forgotten. Unfortunately, it's kind of hard to look back and recap 3 months at a time. Although my life seems busier and busier each week, as Kate gets older, it's also getting easier. Not, less busy, but easier. I find that nap time is not the ONLY time I can get anything done. She is starting to play more with her sibblings and just by herself. She copies everything they say, so of course they take advantage of that and get her to say things like, "Mommy, I watch show, and I want treat." Evan is particularly good at interpreting Kate's language. It seems, however, that whatever comes out of her mouth, according to Evan, usually means she wants to watch a show.
I came in to volunteer in Emma's classroom after the Haiti Earthquake and her teacher told me that the class had been talking about the earthquake and how devastating it was for the people there. She asked me if my church was doing anything to help because the class was interested in helping out some way. I thought it so interesting that she knew I was a member of The LDS church without me even saying. I told her that I was sure they were because they always help out in situations like these and I would find out what the kids could do. So, I found out the church was in need of 90 x 90 inch quilts. I volunteered to do the sewing. Emma's teacher sent home a paper about our "Quilt of Hope," and asked if everyone that was able could bring in 1 1/2 yards of fabric. So, that's what I'm working on right now. It's really fun. It's been fun to read a few quilting blogs and get some fun ideas. It's made me in the MOOD for quilting. After this, I want to make a quilt for Kate's toddler bed. It's interesting putting together a quilt with a mod podge of fabrics like sponge bob, Tinkerbell, strawberry print, and camouflage. Today I took my sewing machine into the classroom and the kids all helped sew a little. That was really cute. One little girl told me that her mom has been wanting to learn how to sew and now she could go home and show her! I will post some pictures of the finished products -oh by the way - there was enough fabric to make 2 quilts!! Exciting!!

1 comments:

Deyce said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you're back in the blogging world. I check yours occasionally and was very excited to see that you posted something new today!