Sunday, February 28, 2010

Valentines Traditions

Kate and Carter with their cookies. How do you tell a toddler with a super excited look on her face that she can't eat her giant cookie until after breakfast???

Traditions are fun. Kids have an amazing ability to remember "traditions" - even if you've only done them once or twice. So, for the past two or three years I have made each of the kids (including Jon and I) a giant heart-shaped sugar cookie. The kids LOVE it! They, of course, reminded me about it on the day before Valentines Day. "Mom, remember those huge cookies you make for us every year, etc. etc." This year, I was just teasing them, although they didn't know it - I told them it was really busy and I didn't know if I'd have time to make them - ha ha. The funny thing was (although this won't be surprising to some of you) between the time of this conversation at about 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. that night, I totally forgot about the cookies. Even though it was a little late to be starting giant sugar cookies, I was glad I remembered - can you imagine their sad little faces in the morning when they run downstairs to see their cookie?
So, thankfully it was a Happy Valentines Day at our house. I am thankful for all of my children and my wonderful husband and all of the love they give me!!!!!

1 comments:

family member said...

Carter is getting so grown up looking. He'll be a teenager before we know it. I don't think I'm old enough to have teenage grandchildren. I'm so grateful to have such wonderful grandchildren.
Love,
MOM