We started today off with Soccer games in kind of cold, drizzly weather. The cold is relative, I guess, but I think it was under 60 degrees. Brrrrrr. Becca and Evan are both playing and having LOTS of fun!!! I'm so glad. The past 1 1/2 years or so, Becca really started to enjoy soccer more and more and gets so anxious and excited for each season to start. This is Evan's first season playing anything. He LOVES it. He is always asking if tomorrow is a soccer day. He's aggressive (not a surprise for those of you who know him), and not afraid to get in there and get the ball. Soccer is one sport I never played growing up, but I think it looks so fun - if I were to go back in time, I think I'd try out for soccer. Maybe it's not too late. Do you think there is a league for beginning ladies who are pushing "40?"
Since we hadn't been to Sea World in ages, we decided this would be a good year to go, so we headed there after soccer to spend a few hours. It was really fun. Kate was so excited. She did express her concern before hand about the sharks eating her cookies. Good News - didn't happen.
Carter broke his wrist a few weeks ago. He tripped playing capture the flag in P.E. We tried to tell him he needed to tell a better story than, "I tripped." He could at least add in the fact that girls were chasing him - this is true. I think as every kid grows up, at some point he wonders what it would be like to have a cast, and all the attention you might get. I think it only takes a day before that curiosity is satisfied. While Carter and I were in the emergency room, the other kids were at my friend, Jillian's house. She said they were thinking of all the things he was going to get out of...trombone, piano, swimming, chores, some writing homework, etc. He didn't practice trombone for about a week, - he was pretty sore, but the day before a concert, he gave it a try and found out that he could still play - so back to work there. He's doing a lot of his homework with his left hand - MESSY! I wrote in his language arts journal while he dictated to me. Having a break from swimming is actually kind of nice for the whole family. Although he only goes 2-3 times a week, it has freed up those nights for us and made life a little simpler. Carter broke his wrist on a Thursday and on the following Saturday, his good friend, Noah stopped by on his bike to say "Hi" and see how he was doing. Carter found out on the following Monday, that on Noah's ride home from our house to his, he crashed his bike, had a concussion and crushed two fingers. He showed up at school on Monday with a cast on his hand. Kind of funny! It's actually pretty amazing how motivating friends can be. There was a little moping and moaning around our house the week or so after Carter was injured and then one Saturday, we run into Noah at the soccer fields. A few minutes later, I look over and the two of them are sprinting with all their might accross the field. WOW - how come I didn't see any of this energy and enthusiasm for work and exercies around the house? :)Hmmm...Carter is back on chores. So, Carter did get a little of that "extra attention" that comes with a broken bone. A few days after he broke it, two girls (twins) brought over a container with 4 homemade cupcakes in it and a get well card. A few days after that, I noticed an unfamiliar tupperware container in the pantry with a few brownies in it. I had no idea where it came from - did one of our neighbor friends leave it here? I learned it was from another girl at school - they were uneaten because they had nuts in them. He wouldn't tell me the name of the girl - but DOES NOT LIKE her other than a friend!
2 comments:
You guys have fun at your house.
Miss ya,
Grandma Jones
Fun stories! Did you decide to get year passes to SeaWorld or was it a one-time deal? Hope you guys have been enjoying the Cougar games (up until the last few minutes of the last one). We sure did. We're already excited about next season but missing Jimmer. :( Take care,
Deyce
Post a Comment