Saturday, January 5, 2013

Evan's Baptism



Evan was baptized today. It was a really nice baptism. I felt the spirit and hope that Evan did as well. I know that baptism is an essential ordinance necessary for us to return to our Heavenly Father. I am thankful for Evan and his desire to follow our Savior.

We had a wonderful time with both grandparents in our home. It was delightful! I know Evan was so excited they could all be there. Both Grandfathers gave wonderful talks. Here are some pictures we took. I am also including a copy of Grandpa Robbins' talk.











Talk by Grandpa Dean Robbins on Baptism

In Jesus’ day John told Jesus I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

When Jesus  was baptized, the spirit of God fell upon him like a dove and a voice was heard: “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.”
 
Jesus set the example and Heavenly Father was pleased.
Evan, Heavenly Father is pleased with you today as well.
Do you know why you are being baptized today? Because it is a commandment of God and it is the gateway entering into the straight and narrow path back to Heavenly Father. After you are baptized you will be as clean as possible and you will be given the Holy Ghost to help you make right decisions.
Some of the blessings that have come to me from my own baptism have been the desire to: be kind, help others, think of others first, share, have joy in the happiness of others, and love others.
I would like to encourage you to live up to your baptismal covenant, which is, You are taking upon you the name of Christ in which you promise to always remember him and keep his commandments.  In return he promises that you will always have his spirit to be with you.

This morning I asked your parents and grandparents to share some of their thoughts with you about this special day.  Here is what they said.

Mom: I am excited for you. This is an important step for you. I love you.

Dad:  I am proud of you. I love you and want to encourage you to follow the Savior Jesus Christ.

Grandma Jones: By getting baptized you are following Jesus’ example. He too was baptized. His life was full of setting examples for each one of us. I love you. I hope you will always remember Jesus Christ, his examples and always follow him.

Grandpa Jones: This is the first of several baby steps back to your Heavenly Father. Next is, the priesthood, the temple, and a mission. Then there will be temple marriage to an eternal companion.

Grandma Robbins: Your membership in the church will be a great blessing to you throughout your life. You will have access to the counsel of a prophet, the association with many good people and the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I love you and am proud of you.

Grandpa Robbins: I think you are so kind and sweet. I love you. I hope you will always remember this day and the love that has been here for you.

0 comments: