Dawn and the girls went to Oregon to be with the Robbins family this past weekend, leaving me home alone with the boys. Does that sound like a weekend where pizza plays a major role in every meal? Actually, Evan was really excited for the "Boy's Weekend" and made me pinkie promise that we would have a party on Friday night - including pizza, popcorn and a movie. I was really excited to spend some one on one on one time with my sons.
Our big event for the weekend was to go to Joshua Tree National Park. We learned that the Joshua tree got it's name from the pioneers. "According to legend, Mormon pioneers considered the limbs of the Joshua trees to resemble the upstretched arms of Joshua leading them to the promised land." We had a really fun time at the park. The park had amazing rock structures that we hiked up and over and around. The boys had a great time exploring!
I really enjoyed several of the comments I heard from the boys while we were hiking. Carter asked Evan, "Is today the best day of your life, because today is the best day of my life." Evan told me things like, "I'm going my own way," or " I don't need your help" or "Look Dad, I'm Spiderman." I think that Evan's fear meter is a little unbalanced. Actually, Evan can be a little tricky when you take him shopping at a clothing store because he will "disappear" into the clothing racks. At one point while we were hiking, Evan started exploring a rock passageway that only he could fit into and he started laughing as he ran away...knowing that we couldn't get him. Fortunately the opening on the other end wasn't too far away and it was fun to "surprise" him.
Here are a few pictures from our adventure...







Sunday, March 15, 2009
The Boy's Weekend at Home
Posted by Jon at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute! That sounds like a lot of fun. I think Garrick is already looking forward to his first father-son weekend. : )
Guys rock!
Love, Grandpa Jones
What fun! Very cute pictures. I love you all very much.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment