Sunday, March 8, 2009

In the kitchen

I have really enjoyed a new tradition that we've started. On Sundays the kids take turns helping me make the meal. They have really had fun and actually look forward to when it's their turn. They get to pick ahead of time what we will have and they are the only one who gets to help. I really wanted a chance to teach them how to cook and I thought it would be fun to spend some time doing something one on one together. It is common to have a few onlookers, but we enjoy their company as well.

Do you know what my favorite thing about this picture is? The fact that Kate's face and hands are smothered in food is a good sign that she actually EATS the food, unlike her older brother who at this age was always quite neat and who was the first baby I've ever seen who was not interested in a piece of his own 1st birthday cake. Oh - and I love kate's cute, infectious smile!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be fun to see you and the girls this Friday.

Dad

djones said...

The cutest three girls I know! Where's that beautiful Emma? We were talking just the other day about how important it is for the young women (and young men!) to learn how to be "domestic." In particular, it's so important to be able to cook--not only good food but nutritious food. Looks like you're being a wonderful mom, Dawn! Awesome.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and fun new tradition. You are a great mom. I love you.
Love, Mom