Today was Mormon Helping Hands. The church coordinated a service project with our city at one of their equestrian centers. They were doing some yard work and painting and said it was o.k. to bring little kids, so we did! I wasn't sure how long we'd last with Kate, but she did pretty good. We spent about 2 hours painting some barn doors. I told all of the kids to wear grubby old clothes. Emma came out in pants that were nicer than grubby and I told her she would get paint on them. She said she knew. So...when she ended up with paint on her pants and was acting a little dramatic about it, I just smiled and said, "I told you so."
Emma and Kate got cute hair cuts a few weeks ago. After our cousins spent a week with us during spring break, Emma knew she had to get her hair cut like her cousin Megan. We had a friend cut it, but didn't have a picture to show. We did our best to explain and I thought it turned out so cute, but in Emma's drama style way she cried and cried in the car saying that it didn't look just like Megan. The layers weren't short enough. I tried to calm her down and suggested she wait a day or two and if she still wants to change it, we'll go back and ask the hairstylist to cut it some more. Of course she was fine the next day, but may want to go a little shorter at her next hair cut.
I had been trying to talk Kate into getting her hair cut for months, but she would have nothing to do with it. She hates me combing her tangles and doesn't ever want me to do anything cute with her hair. It thought it would be cute shorter. So...when Emma decided she wanted her hair shorter, Kate decided that she did too. It turned out really cute on her and is much easier to take care of. Here are a few photos:
The girl standing next to Becca is her friend, Caroline. They are the same age, but have always looked funny standing next to each other because Caroline towers over Becca.

0 comments:
Post a Comment