Well we had a great spring break with all of Jon's family over at our new house. It was so fun. I loved that we could all stay at our house and it didn't feel too crowded. Each family had a bedroom. Some of the cousins slept in the loft together. It wasn't super warm, but the kids still had fun swimming and some even ventured into the ocean. We spent a day at the beach, a day at the Wild Animal Park, went to the park a few times, and then just hung out at home, around the pool. I enjoyed having a walking buddy in the morning with Grandma. I hope I'm that fast and fit when I'm her age.
Jon's family is fun to be with and the kids had a great time together. They were super helpful guests. Grandma was always helping in the kitchen. Everyone picked up after themselves so well that when everyone left, the house looked amazing. Actually, on Sunday (the day after everyone was gone), Jon and I looked around and both noticed how our house looked horrible with just our family making the mess. We wanted everyone to come back!!
Here are a few photos from our trip:
Kate and Grandma
Coloring Easter eggs Sunday evening
Evan and Michael decided to make some super hero capes. Here is Evan as "Bat Man"
We played at the park one morning. We played a little football and ultimate frisbee too.
We spent a few days swimming in our pool.
Here we are at the beach. We brought a picnic and ate lunch first, then headed down to the beach.
Carter, Jeff, and Andrew ran on the beach (raced to the pier)
Becca and Abbie made a sandman.
Wild Animal Park
This was painful, but we took a group photo one morning.
Andrew and Carter showing off their ribs/6-pack.
Saturday morning was General Conference.
Grandma and Grandpa were the only ones left Saturday night when Becca had her last drumline performance.





0 comments:
Post a Comment