Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Little Carter is Growing Up

Carter was helping Grandma test out her new Christmas present. He is growing up fast. He is constantly reminding me that he is now taller than me. Although he likes to also flex his muscles and boast of his Awesomeness, I am still stronger. Someday this will probably not be the case, but for now, it's still fun to remind him that I am the stronger one.

Being a teenage boy has many challenges. I guess one of them is getting your hair to look just right. Carter is always the last one out the door for church. He was going on a scout campout a few weeks ago and since the previous campout had been pretty cold, we were trying to remember everything to make things warmer this time. I said, "Did you pack your beanie so your head will stay warm?" He replied, "I don't want my hair to get messy." WHAT?? You're a boy....you're on a campout....with boys....WHO CARES WHAT YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE. I thought it was funny. I was glad he came to his senses and said, "I guess I'll pack it, and I 'll just bring a comb."
Carter...we love you. I totally understand the thing about the hair. I was the same way as a teenager. I know it used to drive my mom crazy. My sisters still make fun of the way I used to walk up the driveway to our house. I would walk in front of the garage which had lots of little windows, and look in the windows at my reflection, while I primped and fluffed my big, permed hair.

0 comments: